September is National Emergency Preparedness Month; this year’s theme is a Lasting Legacy! So, to get started here are some tips on building an Emergency Kit for you and your family.
- This National Preparedness Month, we are reminding you to build your emergency kit. Don’t forget to include:
- Non-perishable food and water that can last several days.
- Flashlights, radios & extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- An emergency kit should have everything you need to survive for several days. Keeping your kit stocked with necessities like food, water, and medical care can make the difference in the face of a disaster.
- Build an emergency supply kit this #NationalPreparednessMonth! Consider unique needs of your family. Include supplies that might be needed by pets, older adults, and those with disabilities in the event of the emergency.